One night I needed to prepare a dessert… and fast… faced with a few (well) ripe banana, some chocolate and a couple of marshmallows, I decided to take the typical “banana split” to the next level with this wee gem.
Ingredients serves 2
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1 teaspoon of butter (non-salted)
- 4 marshmallows (pink and white to make it look pretty)
- Half a block of milk chocolate
- Neapolitan Ice-cream
- Wafer biscuits
- Peel and slice the bananas length ways
- Heat the butter in a pan and place in banana slices
- Meanwhile, cut the marshmallows in two and brown with a blow torch (or an open fire if you are lucky enough to have one… and it is Winter)
- Bring a pot of water the a gentle boil and place a bowl over the top (bain marie) with the chocolate in it (ensure the bowl doesn’t touch the water) to melt
- By this time you banana should be golden, flip and ensure the other sides is golden too
- Plate up by placing the golden banana slices on the bottom, place the wafer and a scoop of each flavour of ice-cream
- Decorate with the toasted marshmallows and melted chocolate
There you have it, a gourmet take on a traditional dessert in less than 10 mins!