These are great little biscuits for serving with coffee after a meal. Spiced up by the twang of Amaretto liquor, a traditional Italian digestive, they make for a nice after dinner treat.
- 230 gm butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 beaten eggs
- 1 tablespoon of Amaretto liquor
- 3 cups sifted flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- blanced almonds
- Cream the butter and sugar until pale
- Add the eggs and then the Amaretto and mix well
- Stir in the remaining, combined dry ingredients
- Roll into balls and place on an oven tray, press down with a fork
- Place a few blanched almonds on the top of each biscuit and gently press in.
- Bake at 180°C for 10 to 15 minutes
- When cooked place on a wire rack to cool